New version of Diablo Wi Fi with Integral Card reader
- Usual Diablo features
- Wi-Fi smart card reader means can be used with CCCAM
- turns any receiver with a CI slot intoa receiver that can be "served" a card
- this CAM gives access to shared cards on a home or internet network - some service providers specically frown on this - Note that the sharers of some cards may be in breach of their contract with the service provider
What is D-Module and why Diablo CAM?
D-Module is the raw name for the Conditional Access Module while Diablo CAM (light, wireless or Wi-fi) is the name of the version sold by Duolabs. The Official Web site for Diablo CAM is:
Based on Duolabs technology D-Module is a fully programmable PCMCIA module dedicated to DVB compliant STB-CI applications known as CAM (Conditional Access Module). D-Module is designed to give maximum flexibility and power for developers all combined with high security features to enhance the possibility to host a secure CAS.
D-Module is uniquely designed, as product that differs from others in that it allows you the fully customize your design thanks to the flexible structure of the internal FPGA. All the known CAM modules in the market are based on an ASIC design in order to reduce the costs of each single device but sensibly reducing the customizable features and disclosing sensitive information about the eventual CAS and its structure and disclosing security information.
The new Wi-Fi enhances new frontiers.
D-Module Wi-Fi is the last frontier for CAM(s) DVB technologies. This Wi-Fi CAM allows the user to connect it directly to a WLAN router and get into the CAM file system. This enhances a various number of functionalities.
The D-Module Wi-Fi CAM is capable to connect autonomously to the router with no need for PC. It supports the WLAN standard encryption protocols such as WEP and WPA/WPA2. It work with Static IP or DHCP.
Video Streaming from D-Module Wi-Fi to the PC.
Wi-Fi bridge allows the user to send the Transport Stream directly to the PC to be viewed with VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) and perform eventually the Personal Video Recording (PVR). This function may be limited to encrypted channels only because some receivers are not sending the Transport Stream flow to the Common Interface as it is not encrypted (Free To Air).
- ARM7TDMI @ 50Mhz.
- FPGA @ 100Mhz processing speed.
- RAM: Internal 16KB and External 1024KB.
- ROM: 256KB Internal Flash and 2MB Dataflash.
- J-tag connection.1 Smartcard Readers Plug-In.
- 2 Unique serial Numbers internally lasered inside.
- Wi-Fi 802.11g connection at 54Mbit/sec.
- 2 x Smartcard Readers. (1 x ISO and 1 x Plug-In)
- PICO-OS Operating System.
- Dataflash internal Filesystem FAT 12.
- Fully programmable by PCMCIA secure protocol.
- WEP/WPA/WPA2 WLAN security encryption.
Diablo cams are supplied with Official firmware and are supplied with no support or warranty.