The Amstrad DRX895 (PVR6) is the latest Sky+HD Digibox to the market. Amstrad is owned by Sky and as such this product has gone through a much more intense testing than any other manufacturer of Sky+HD Digibox to ensure it offers exceptional quality with reliability to match; ideal to enjoy the very best of Sky television, both in standard and high-definition.
The Amstrad DRX895 Sky+ HD Digibox stands out from the rest with its premium dark grey/black (gloss) curved shape, plus the improved smaller case design only found in this latest generation digibox; also comes with matching remote. The unit contains the larger *1.5TB capacity hard drive for recording even more of your favourite programmes with Sky+ (Sky+ requires an active subscription to Sky), allowing you to record up to 740 hours of SD and 240 hours of HD
Sky+HD at a glance
Sky+HD comes with all the benefits of Sky+ like pause and rewind live TV and Series Link, plus more storage capacity.
- The widest range of HD channels in the UK
- Up to 4 times more picture detail and incredibly vibrant colour
- Superb quality Dolby® Digital 5.1 surround sound†
- A collection of the week's unmissable TV, ready to watch when you are, with Sky Anytime
- Record 2 programmes at once at the touch of a button
- Record selected series automatically to watch whenever you want
- Pause and rewind live TV and you'll never miss a thing
† Available on many HD programmes with a compatible TV and home cinema system.
To conform to EU legislation this Sky+HD Digibox comes with the new Sky 'off' mode to allow you to switch off and meet the maximum 1watt power usage. This option is selected by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds until the digibox displays the red 'off' light. In 'off' mode the digibox will NOT record any scheduled recordings, download Sky Anytime content or support TV Link, so they have included a 'standby' mode as well by just pressing the power button once, the digibox with go into sleep mode and display an amber light instead. A neat feature to meet all regulations.
This brand new latest version Amstrad Sky High Definition Digibox can be used with an existing Sky Subscription card, to benefit from the Sky+ functionality, or subscription HD channels (HD Mix). Alternatively without a card you can still receive all free HD channels, such as BBC HD, ITV1 HD, Luxe HD, C4 HD and Five HD . You are under no obligation to take out a subscription, or HD Mix (£10 per month) with this purchase, as you are buying from us a non-subsidised digibox.
Please note that the Sky+ record functionality is free, but only available to those with a new or existing Sky subscription. You cannot use the Sky+ record functionality without a subscription, starting from £19 per month (this also applies to recording free channels; this is not possible without a subscription to Sky).
Amstrad DRX895 Sky+ HD Digibox Specifications and Features
- Sky+HD Digibox with massive 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive (1TB for personal storage)
- HD Remote Control (includes 2 x AA batteries)
- UK Power Lead
- HDMI Lead
- CVBS Video Output
- Digital Optical Audio Output
- Digital Coaxial Audio Output
- L&R Phono Audio Output (white and red)
- VCR/DVD Scart
- Dish input 1 & 2
- External SATA
- External Ethernet (RJ45)
- Modem/telephone connection (RJ11)
- USB Interface (x2)
- Aerial In
- RF Out 1
- RF Out 2 (9v)
* Please note that the Amstrad Sky HD digiboxes do not include Component outputs; for HD picture you must use HDMI
- Dimensions :: 346mm x 255mm x 73mm
- Weight :: 4.1kg
NB - This Sky+ HD digibox can be used with or without the HD pack from Sky. Without, this digibox can be used to access BBC HD, ITV1 HD, Luxe HD, C4 HD and Five HD (C4 HD and Five HD require a Sky viewing card). With the Sky HD pack, you will gain access to more HD channels as part of the subscription package you have with Sky. Please note that by subscribing to the HD pack channels, you pay Sky £10/month.
- To fully utilise the Sky Plus record functionality, you need to install a SKY Quad |LNB and second cable. This will allow you to record one channel whilst watching/recording another, or alternatively record two channels whilst watching something pre-recorded. You can still use the Sky Plus functionality with a single cable, but will be limited to watching the channel you are recording.